You are here
Transferring Programs or Courses
Advising for Transfers in the COT
The College of Technology has an advisor dedicated to helping new and existing transfer students in technology majors with the transfer process during the first semester at ISU. Contact Megan.Pitner@indstate.edu or call 812-237-3774.
Current or incoming transfer students are encouraged to attend our monthly Transfer Tuesdays events! Each month we will discuss a different transfer issue and ways to solve them! Hosted in the Myers Technology Center, 650 Cherry Street, room 101E from noon - 1:00 pm.
Questions or concerns contact Megan.Pitner@indstate.edu or call 812-237-3774.
LINK to printer-friendly flyer.
- Transfer your credit to more than 80 on-campus majors or 16 online programs.
- The University accepts credit from regionally accredited college and universities within the United States,and from selected schools located outside the United States.Credit also may be granted for military training and experience.
- Go to Transfer Central
- Continuing students who have completed at least 60 hours are not required to use a PIN in order to register for classes.
- All students new to ISU and continuing students who have completed fewer than 60 hours require a PIN in order to register for classes. To obtain your PIN, email (or call) Technology Students Services Scheduling Assistant and provide your proposed class schedule. After your schedule is reviewed you will receive your PIN.
To see ISU transfer equivalents of courses you have taken: The course equivalency site, called Transferology, is at www.transferology.com
To see ISU transfer equivalents of courses you have taken:
You will need to:
- Click on Explore My Transfer Options
- Either create an account (first time) or sign in
- Enter school name that courses will transfer from, such as Ivy Tech
- Enter department (example = ENGL for English)
- Click on plus sign beside course you have taken, such as ENGL 111
- Click on “Find schools that accept my coursework,” on right
- Click on Indiana State University (if it is displayed), that is, click on the green box that says 100% Match
- ISU’s equivalent course will be listed. For example, ENG 101.
- Repeat process with other courses.
You may have other transfer equivalents besides those listed on the Transferology site. To ask about additional equivalents for Foundational Studies courses contact ISU-ORR@mail.indstate.edu.
For your major courses, contact your academic advisor or your major’s dept. office if you do not have an academic advisor.
The University has established Articulation Agreements (transfer plans) with selected colleges and universities that allow students to complete a specific associate degree program at another institution and receive up to 90 hours of credit toward a specific bachelor degree program at Indiana State University. For additional information regarding these programs go to:http://www.indstate.edu/transfer/articulations.htm